Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Scifi Movies » Alien Invasion

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: War of the Worlds
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

this is easily the most well-known of producer George Pal's big 1950's science fiction films.... and probably the best... it's not really my favorite, as i'm more a fan of space stuff... but i'll readily admit that this is a better movie... it takes the classic hg wells story and plants it in then-modern day southern california... it really is a good interpretation of the novel... and while it does transpose it to southern california, and of course introduce a love interest... it is still a fantastic interpretation.... for the time the movie had the best special effects around. the martian ships may not have been tripods... but the swan-like ships did have the heatrays, and were terrifying to audiences of the time.

just an absolutely great movie... a classic of hollywood scifi. and pretty much the best of all alien-invasion films. you just can't beat it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Scifi Movies » Alien Invasion