Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1950's TV

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Rocky Jones: Space Ranger
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

well, admittedly, i've only seen two of the "movies" that were edited together out of the rocky jones tv series... but from those two, i've really enjoyed this series... so far, it's really been the epitome of the space hero adventure type of show that was also shown in the radio shows of the time (space patrol, the planet man, tom corbett, etc). Rocky Jones is the all-american hero.. a throroughly moral and good hero who is always ready to risk life and limb to save the day. he and his sidekick winky (yes that's really his name) blast around the solar system in their rocketship, fighting the evil forces who want to take over (mainly cleolanta). they are aided by a little boy cadet named bobby, and a beautiful navigator named vera ray (played by sally mansfield).

this is 50's rocketship tv show at it's best... i know the "movie" versions are out there for sale... but there are a few new versions that have been released, and i'm not sure if they are the actual tv episodes or not... if anyone finds out, let me know.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1950's TV