Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: The Outer Limits
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

yet another great scifi anthology show from the 1960's... not quite as long-lasting and classic as it's predecessor the twilight zone.... it still has gained a great position in pop culture.... "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission." this show tended to be more science fiction based than the twilight zone (which tended to include many paranormal and supernatural stories as well)... this show featured many aliens, alien encounters, other planets, flying saucers (some of which were the forbidden planet models), rocketships, and more...

i definitely wouldn't even try to say which is the better show, between this and the twilight zone, but i definitely enjoy watching the outer limits more, being more of a scifi fan. i love both shows... but the outer limits is more my style.

i've been going back lately and watching a bunch of these episodes... and wow, they are so well done... i also really like the 60 minute format over the 30 minute format....

Post subject: Re: The Outer Limits
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

i've been watching a few episodes of the outer limits the past couple of days. i watched I, Robot, counterweight, and the invisible enemy. i, robot was very interesting... being a story about a robot who gets charged with killing his creator, not unlike the recent film by alex proyas. counterweight was about a simulated mission to another planet... which adds in the extra influence of an alien visitor. and the invisible enemy was my favorite.. it starred adam west as the commander of a mission to mars. a previous mission went silent under mysterious circumstances, and west's character's mission is to find out what happened to the previous mission. the overall basic plot is similar to the 1990's "mission to mars", but this story is much better and much more effective. some great special effects and interesting characters. fun stuff :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV