Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Star Trek (the original series)
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

of course... no discussion of classic scifi tv shows of the 1960's could possibly be complete without the mention of Star Trek. this one tv show spawned an entire media empire which has spanned 5 decades.... there is nothing else like it in the history of scifi tv... it's interesting to note that (from what i have heard) the genesis of the show came from the classic scifi movie (and one of my favorites) Forbidden Planet.

star trek took the classic idea of spacemen off on a mission to explore the galaxy, and played it out on the tv screen for us to see. i grew up watching reruns of Star Trek episodes with my dad when i was little... we would sit down and have some popcorn and catch a saturday rerun of this great show... a lot of fun... and while Enterprise may now be my favorite star trek series... the original series episodes will always hold a special place for me... reminding me of those times with my dad.

i guess i'll leave it at that for now... there are plenty of star trek forums out there... and there's no need for this to turn into another one... but there is also no way that i could leave this behemoth of 1960's scifi tv out. the twilight zone, outer limits, and lost in space may all have devoted fans among the young and hold... but none have shown quite the ongoing fanatical devotion and popularity of Star Trek.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV