Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: The Twilight Zone
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

there's no doubt that The Twilight Zone is the most well-known and most popular anthology scifi show ever on television. i think this is, in large part, due to the talents of Rod Serling... definitely in writing, of course... but i think more for his personal intros and outtros for each episode. this interesting character, setting the stage for us in that slightly unnerving voice... such a great presence... such a great storytelling voice... in my opinion, his personal presence as host was the force that the show as popular and long-lasting as it has been. obviously he had to be a great writer as well... obviously the stories had to be well acted, well directed, well written.... but, to me, the outer limits was just about as well written as the twilight zone... but the twilight zone has ended up with the greater legacy, popularity, and embedded place in pop culture... just think about the fact that whenever something weird or spooky happens... people will whistle or hum the twilight zone theme... or when a strange thing happens... we say that it's like something out of the twilight zone...

overall it was just a fantastic show... great writing/directing/acting etc... everything was top-notch... and there are soooooo many classic moments... like burgess meredith's character breaking his glasses... or agnes morehead smashing the flying saucer... or billy mumy sending people to the cornfield... just incredible.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Scifi TV Shows » 1960's TV